Massage Therapist in Manistee, MI Posted 05/06/2019
Position Title: Massage Therapist
Location: Little River Casino Resort
Beauty professional who helps to maintain a well-balanced, clean, safe, and fully functional Spa and Salon.
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 18 years of age
- 1 year experience in Wellness and Beauty industry
- 3 years experience in Massage Therapy
- Must hold and maintain a current state license
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good Computer Skills
- Must possess professionalism, passion, energy and creativity.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
- Accurate and detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage paperwork
- Ability to operate most office equipment (computer, fax, copier, etc)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests visiting the Spa/Salon.
- Respond to customer issues, concerns, and feedback.
- Maintain complete awareness of Spa/Salon menu and be able to perform all menu items relating to specific position in an experienced manner.
- Maintain knowledge of all products and services and be able to sell, upsell, all items.
- Optimize customer satisfaction based on the best practices and benchmarks.
- Maintain knowledge of current casino promotions and events.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and monitor what competitors are doing in order to maintain market dominance and exceptional performance.
- Maintain knowledge of total Spa/Salon products and services.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all clients and guests to the Spa/Salon.
- Must adhere to the safety rules and regulations of the Little River Casino Resort and the Hotel Department.
Must be able to communicate using written, verbal and computer methods. Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods in excess of 4 hours. Must be able to walk, sit, and/or stand for long periods of time. Must have a good sense of balance and be able to bend and kneel. Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects. Must have the ability to independently lift up to 35 pounds occasionally. Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions. WORKING ENVIRONMENT Office, gaming floor and convention center environment including flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke. Extensive computer use. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasional overtime required. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals. High volume direct public contact.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. It shall govern Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal, Intermittent, Temporary, Permanent positions. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All Little River Casino Resort employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Little River Casino Resort policies and Tribal gaming regulations.
Conditions of employment with Little River Casino Resort include passing a preemployment drug test, a background investigation to secure a license from the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Gaming Commission and successfully completing a three-month introductory period. Candidates for this position will be required to have dependable transportation available to them without notice. Individual must not have been charged or released from employment or involved in anything which could be considered a liability to the Resort, e.g. harassment, theft, violence, or integrity issues
About the Position:
We are looking for an outstanding massage therapist to join our team. We are a multidisciplinary wellness clinic ofering massage, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and personal training.
The hours are part-time to start, with 20-25 hours per week. More hours are possible with coverage when coverage is needed for time off requests. All supplies as well as clientele is provided. We pay a premium wage and handle all business aspects of the job. You simply show up and do your massages scheduled for the day.
How to Apply:
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.